Thursday, February 4, 2010

A Royal Thursday Thumpin' Comic


I never meant to cause you any sorrow, I never meant to mess with your brain.
I only wanted to one time see you laughing, I only wanted to see you laughing at the Purple Pain.

Despite being somewhat Fairweather on the NBA these days, I can still appreciate the raw hustle and grit of these youthful Sacramento Kings. In this first edition of "Purple Pain", I tried to catch some of the Fairweather observations from last night's Spurs and Kings game. It was simply a fine competitive effort by the young Kings, complete with another faltering 4th quarter by the young guys that the veteran Spurs took advantage of. At least if the Kings are going down, they are not going quietly into the night, especially Tyreke Evans.

If you are hurtin' about this team now, just remember...

Honey I know, I know, I know times are changing.
It's time we all reach out for something new,
That means you too.
You say you want a leader,
But you can't seem to make up your mind.
I think you better close it,
And let me guide you to the Purple Pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment